Posted: November 15th, 2017
Seeking part time contract for Community-driven Land Trust development with North Denver neighborhoods
Deadline for application is December 1st, 2017. Download job description below to apply.
Globeville Elyria Swansea (GES) Coalition Organizing for Health & Housing Justice and Colorado Community Land Trust (CCLT) is seeking part time contract for Community-driven Land Trust development in Globeville, Elyria and Swansea. Communities are working towards establishing a Community Land Trust (GES CLT) with the goal of retaining a stock of permanently affordable housing for current and future residents. The communities are under pressure with new public investments that are increasing the overall property values, which is displacing long-term residents.
Strong candidates be familiar with affordable housing, community organizing, and Community Land Trusts. Candidates should have a background in community work, and experience should show:
● Ability to wrangle, coordinate and assist GES Community Land Trust partners in decision-making and shared agreements
● Facilitation and coordination of roles within meetings
● Experience and understanding of cross-sector coalition work
● Ability to work with housing organizations and grassroots community groups
● Navigation of politically sensitive issues
● Ability to capture and translate verbal agreements into formal written form
● English/Spanish bilingual is a huge plus
Scale of pay will depend on experience but not be below $25/hour.